When a lucrative house-sitting gig brings him to rural Montana, Matty does his best to maintain his training regimen. Local residents turn out to be surprisingly tolerant of his flamboyant style, especially handsome young rancher Rob Lovely, who proves to be much more than a cowboy stereotype. Just as Matty requires a firm hand to perform his best on the ice, Rob shows him how strong he can be when he relinquishes control in the bedroom. With new-found self-assurance, he drives himself harder to go straight to the top.
But competition has a timetable, and to achieve his Olympic dream, Matty will have to join his new coach in New York City, leaving Rob behind. Now he must face the ultimate test. Has he truly learned how to win—on and off the ice—during his training season?
1. What attracts you to Matty and why is he your character crush? Matty Marcus is my character crush because he’s flawed in so many ways, but ultimately he’s lovable, admirable, and sexy.
2. Does Matty believe in love? Absolutely. He just wishes love had better timing.
3. What is the most enduring trait about Matty? Or maddening? His most enduring trait is his determination. Matty doesn’t do anything in half-measures.
4. If Matty was deserted on an island, what would he take with them? Designer bathing suits to show off his package and basket to best effect, and his true love, of course.
5. What has been the biggest conflict in Matty’s life? Choosing between his life’s ambition and his love, and worrying that he’s made the wrong choice.